Ans: Take a flask filled with coloured liquid up to its brim.
Now, fit the cork tightly on the mouth of the flask.
Note down the level of water in the glass tube. Now, start heating the flask.
At first, the liquid level will drop, but after a few moments it will start rising.
At first the liquid level will fall due to the expansion of the flask on heating.
When this heat reaches the liquid, it starts expanding. [sea diagram]
- It should be properly washed before and after use. It should be kept upright while reading the temperature.
- Its bulb should be properly dipped into the liquid or touched to the surface of the material.
- Its bulb should not touch the surface of the container in which the material or liquid has been placed.
- It should be handled with care, as it is made up of a glass tube.
- Sterilise the thermometer using an antiseptic solution before and after its use.
- Ensure that the mercury level is below 35 C before measuring the temperature.
- Take the reading keeping the level of mercury along the line of sight.
- Avoid holding it by its bulb while reading the temperature
7th Nutrition in Plants Lliving science solution
7th Nutrition in Animal Lliving science solution
Heat and Temperature solved Questions-1
Heat and Temperature solve Questions-2
Heat and Temperature solved NCERTQ -3