MODEL QUESTION PAPER(2012) Class: VII Sub: Science Marks: 60
i. The question paper consists two sections, A and B. You are to attempt both the sections.
ii. All questions are compulsory.
iii. There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in all the three questions of five marks category. Only one option in such questions is to be attempted.
iv. All questions of section A and all questions of Section B are to be attempted separately.
v. Question numbers 1 to 3 in section A are one mark questions. There are to be answered in 1 word or in 1 sentence.
vi. Question numbers 4 to 6 are two mark questions, to be answered in about 30 words each.
vii. Question numbers 7 to 14 are three marks questions, to be answered in about 50 words each.
viii. Question numbers 15 to 17 are five marks questions, to be answered in about 70 words each.
ix. Question numbers 18 to 29 in section B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is one mark question. You are to choose one most appropriate response out of the four provided to you.
1. What are anaerobes? Give one example.
2. State the reproductive parts of a plant?
3. Give an example for oscillatory motion.
4. What is meant by aerobic respiration? State the equation.
5. What are the different components of blood? State the functions of blood.
6. A simple pendulum takes 32 sec to complete 20 oscillations. What is the time period of the pendulum?
7. List the similarities and differences between aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
8. What are the stomata? Give two functions of stomata.
9. Describe the various ways by which seeds are dispersed.
10. The distance between two stations is 240 km. A train takes 4 hours to cover this distance. Calculate the sped of the train.
11. Give symbols for the following electric components. a) Electric bulb b) electric cell c) battery
12. State any three differences between a convex lens and a concave lens.
13. State the factors responsible for the depletion of water table.
14. What are decomposers? Name any two of them. What do they do in the forest?
15. Describe with the help of diagrams, the different methods of asexual reproduction. Give examples.
Or, Explain the difference between self – pollination and cross – pollination. (Draw diagrams)
16. With help of a circuit diagram, describe the making of an electromagnet.
Or, Describe the structure and functions of electric bell.
17. Describe briefly, the different stages in the waste water treatment plant
Or, Outline your role as an active citizen in relation to sanitation.
18. Respiratory organs of a fish are
a) Tracheae b) gills c) spiracles d) skin
19. In plants water is transported through
a) Xylem b) phloem c) stomata d) root hair
20. The basic unit of speed is
a) Km/min b) m/min c) km/h d) m/s
21. In an electric room heater the coil of wire is called
a) Switch b) battery c) element d) coil
22. The safety device used to break the electricity supply when large electric currents are passed through circuits
a) Switch b) electric fuse c) filament d) electromagnet
23. The image forms by a plane mirror is
a) Virtual and erect b) real and erect c) virtual and inverted d)real and inverted
24. Real and inverted image is formed by
a) Concave mirror b) convex mirror c) concave mirror and convex lens d)plane mirror.
25. Light travels in
a) Curved lines b) straight lines c) in all directions d) no direction
26. Microorganisms act upon the dead plants to produce
a) Sand b) mushrooms c) humus d) wood
27. Which of the following is not a forest product?
a) Gum b) plywood c) sealing wax d) kerosene
28. Which of the following is not responsible for water shortage?
a) Rapid growth of industries b) increasing population c) heavy rainfall
d) Mismanagement of water resources
29. A liquid waste which causes water and soil pollution is
a) Sewage b) sludge c) biogas d) waste water from homes
Solution of MCQ
Q18. B Q19. A Q20. D Q21. D Q22. B Q23. A
Q24. C Q25. B Q26. C Q27. B Q28. C Q29. A
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Sample Question Paper (2012) Class: VII (7th) Science