- What is the basic structural unit of a DNA? What are its components?
- Define (i) Variation (ii) Fossils (iii) Gene.
- What is Mendel’s factor better known as?
- What do you mean by autosomes?
- What is Darwin ’s theory of evolution?
- Who is known as “father of genetics”?
- Differentiate between homologous and analogous organs.
- Give two functions of chromosomes.
- What is heredity?
- What is Mendel’s contribution to heredity and evolution?
- Explain the Law of Purity of Gametes.
- Explain the inheritance of Dominant characters with the help of cross between a tall pea plant and a short pea plant.
- Explain the law of Independent assortment with the help of Dihybrid cross.
- “Sex of a child is a matter of chance” explain with the help of cross between the human male and female sex chromosomes.
- What evidence does fossil provide about our evolution?
- What are vestigial organs? Give examples
- Are forelimbs of man and frog analogous organs? Why or why not?
- What do you mean by organic evolution?
- What are the features that Archaeopteyrx has in common to the reptiles?
- Two tall plants are crossed by a gardner. Tallness and dwarfness are dominent andrecessive traits respectively. It is possible for him to obtain both tall as well as dwarfplant in F1 and F2 generation. Show with the help of the diagram of the cross(es).
Links For CBSE Class X Science Term-II